Oh, it certainly has been a while since I have taken the time and delight to blog. The fabulous news is that during this blogging-bReAk, I’ve grown a lot as as person and my love for makeup and beauty products has only grown (as evident in the larger allocation of funds to such “vices”).
Having said this, I could not find it more appropriate to share www.styleunited.com with you. It’s a new website giving YOU personalized beauty and fashion recommendations. I mean, come on, it’s fun reading Allure, Vogue, and Cosmo – but is it really that helpful to read a spread about 4 different “types” of women and what looks good on that drop-dead-gorgeous model? Not-so-much to say the least. I tend to skim over those pages, perhaps to see a new makeup trick or a winning product…but, who are we kidding? We want personalization.
When you first arrive at the site, you have to register. This is a good thing because then you can create a personalized profile – so no complaining!
Here are the steps I took to get my b-e-a-u-t-y profile advice.
1. Arrive at homepage to build your style profile. 2. Take a style advice quiz!
I’m happy to share with you some of the fun tips I received while taking my makeup evaluation. However, as we all know, you don’t have the same skin or preferences as I do! So, I encourage each of you to take the advice quiz and hopefully find some pretty sweet takeaways from it!
- The face. Since the skin on my face is on the fairer side – apparently matte formulas can go flat on pale skin! #Recommendation: “get a glow with a light shimmer” – as long as it doesn’t look like I’m sweating all of the time, I can work with this.
- The blemishes. #Recommendation: Apply foundation before you apply concealer “because you won’t rub any off and will need less.” Fortunately, I received this advice from one of the MAC makeup artists in Connecticut. My personal trick for you all (yes, advice you can take) – always start with a primer. Follow with your liquid foundation. THEN press on the powder (in a pressing down motion, not circular). Apply your bronzer or blush, if needed…and then you can add your concealer!
- The lips. Now this is a great tip! You want a defined lip line? (NO, not the kind you see on a clown. The sexy, perfect lips.) #Recommendation: “to prevent a bleeding lipstick, dust powder outside of lip line pre-application.” Now this is reassuring. I have accidentally been doing this for the past couple of months. It is so nice for StyleUnited to confirm my beauty routine was in order – and I didn’t even know it!
- The eyes. No matter what beauty counter I go to, I always get a different answer. I typically follow my eyes with a black eyeliner (of course, I have dabbled in the browns and dark blues as the years have gone by). But…just this past weekend, the makeup artist at Chanel tried to convince me to buy a purple mascara with my green eyes. Not happening. As much as I enjoy playing with makeup, I do what I can to have a natural look. I like their #Recommendation: “bronze is the first-rate to flatter your pretty green eyes.” Bronze falls into my “natural category,” of makeup, so I like this
- The smile. #Recommendation: “To get the most natural smile, say “money” instead of “cheese.” #thiswon’tbeanissue
And finally, after you have taken the quiz (and received the fun and fabulous tips, as shown above), you receive a recommendation summary, based on your choices. The good thing for you – these are actually actionable. They aren’t making this stuff up. You might find a product idea you haven’t tried which could make a world of a difference in your beauty routine. The good thing for StyleUnited (and you!) – you can buy the products online and have them delivered to your door.
What makes this online makeup idea double awesome? No bad-makeup-counter experience necessary. Wait, what? Given that I’m a seasoned gal when it comes to getting my makeup done professionally (it’s my little treat), sometimes it just doesn’t turn out right. You feel uncomfortable with how you look AND it doesn’t help that thousands of people seem to be walking by you in Nordstroms looking at your face as you sit in the not-so-comfy chair, a bit self-conscious. To top it off, you don’t want to hurt his/her feelings for doing a poor job on you. And to ensure that you don’t, despite the potentially disgusted/embarrassed look on your face, you proceed to buy the makeup. Eh. Feel empowered. Stop the cycle. Don’t buy makeup if you aren’t loving it on your face as a guilt-trip. Fortunately, with www.styleunited.com, we can say goodbye to that situation when you’re yearning for a new look! Just join, take the quiz, and see what tips, tricks and products you can take away from it!
What tips did you take away from the site?!
*Disclaimer: I had the fabulousss opportunity to try out this website, www.styleunited.com, because of a SheSpeaks program. By sharing my honest opinion with you, I should receive a beauty gift from P&G.